Do you ever feel like you have been deprived of the vitamins and nutrients in vegetables after a long weekend of burgers, sandwiches, boozing, pizza and other poor eating choices? Sometimes I feel like my body is just screaming for some good healthy food and just one vegetable won’t do it. My Greek Salad is perfect because it is packed with big chunks of veggies, olives and some feta cheese for that little bit of indulgence. When I’m having one of those malnourished feeling days this salad is a perfect fix.
- 1 Cucumber, cut in half length wise, seeded and sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 Banana Peppers, thin sliced
- 1 Bundle Green Onions, thin sliced
- 1 16 oz can Artichoke Heart Quarters, Drained
- 1/2 c Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 c Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Oregano or Dill (Both are delicious in it, I usually used Dill but my Dill plant went to seed so I subbed Oregano and it was equally as tastey)
Dressing, Whisk together:
- Juice of 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4-1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil (depending on your oil level preference–I like less, some people like more)
- Ground Pepper and Salt to Taste
Toss all ingredients except the Feta Cheese together and refrigerate for at least 30 mins. Toss in the Feta before serving. A beautiful, nutritious and fulfilling salad!